Who is it for? Marketers, Ad Agencies, Influencers, and anyone else working in the industry or is interested.
Each issue has a minimum of 3 sections:
Great Reads If you only click and read a few articles, these are the ones to read.
Interesting People: Interviews, Q&As, or profiles of influencers, or people working in the industry. For instance this week’s articles include: Lee brand manager, Heather Caldwell, Quotes from Ritz-Carlton General Manager, and profiles on the NFL’s social media stars.
Industry News: Stats, and trends. This week: marketing’s use of ASMR creators, and a story about Express ramping up their influencer spend.
Other Sections: Gigs, Events, Careers, Jobs, whatever comes up that’s interesting.
It’s not play if you’re making money’: how Instagram and YouTube disrupted child labor laws.
A wonderfully comprehensive report on what it means to work as a child influencer. Yes there are gruesome outliers of abuse, but at the end I think this Guardian article brings a refreshing outlook that perhaps the law needs to change to incorporate the new digital world we live in.
Gabbie Hannah reveals she faked Coachella appearance to prove a point
In her YouTube video revealing the fakery, Gabbie said: “If you’ve paid close attention to me over the last couple or few years, you know I’m not Coachella’s biggest advocate… That was the purpose of this whole thing was how easy it is to fake things on social media.”Selfie Deaths Are an Epidemic
A recent report found that 259 people died between 2011 and 2017 while stepping in front of the camera in often dangerous destinations. This writer went deep on the psychology of selfies to figure out what’s behind the obsession with capturing extreme risk-taking.
- Branded Entertainment Network CEO, Ricky Ray Buttler, and VidSummit Founder, Derral Eves, Release Podcast Series.
- Beauty Guru James Charles To Slay 24 Cities This Summer In First Live Tour
- Lee brand manager Heather Caldwell shares qualities the heritage brand searches for in influencers.
- Julia Coquard on Creativity and Authenticity in the Beauty Business
- Who’s in the NFL Draft? Social Media Stars
- Artists from Malaysian-based Rocketfuel Entertainment clinch deals with Netflix, Interscope Records.
- Influencer marketing ‘easy, quick way’ to fill F&B venues, says Ritz-Carlton General Manager.
- Who Runs Influencer Marketing? Women.
- Beauty brands are tapping into the ASMR YouTube community.
- Express is ramping up its influencer collaborations.
- Think with Google discusses: 3 cultural shifts from 2018 that will affect 2019
- Rutgers Draws From Fyre Festival to Celebrate Football Milestone
- HelloSociety Unveils ‘First-to-Market’ Measurement Campaign Impact Study Tool
Liked it? Want more? Get it your inbox: click here to subscribe.